Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mister Waffles on Employment, Part 2

It is my job to be cute. That is all. I do not have to work very hard at it. It comes very naturally to me, in fact. I do not have to be smart or good with numbers, I just have to exist and bring people joy. I do not think that this is what my people do at their jobs. I imagine that my yellow haired lady person goes to work at a rainbow factory. In this rainbow factory, they make rainbows from painted coffee cups and a taffy pulling machine. My brown haired lady person sits in an office all day making up nonsense words by which to address me, i.e. Schmunkins, Waffleybumpers, Mistercuteypiepants. I believe she works very hard at it as she is never without a new name. Someday, I would like for my brown haired lady person to think up a name that my yellow haired lady person would make into a rainbow that would arch across the sky. And everyone would look up and think, "Ah, yes, Waffle-o-tron... he is a wise and poofy dog."

1 comment:

$$ said...

Dear Mister Waffles,

I would like very much for my job to be being cute. This comes naturally to me as well. Can you please tell me how to apply?

Much Love,

Bummed in Beantown